LOCATIONS TO HIT
TOTAL UNITS TO DEPLOY
DAYS TO DEADLINE
Deployments had to be completed with no disruptions to store operations.
The project needed to be deployed swiftly with no delays.
In total, there were over 2500 units to be staged, imaged, tested, shipped, and deployed. In addition, a total of 3000 units had to be retrieved from the store and retired (involved data destruction).
All of this had to be achieved within 60 days. With a delayed start to the project due to a protracted due-diligence process, this could not go beyond the 60-day mark.
Technician Training Score
Store Satisfaction Rate
Interested in Starting Your Project?
Includes free initial assessment of your environment. No commitments!
Needless to say, such a complex project with so many moving pieces and multiple measures of success requires a significant amount of coordination, focus, planning, controls, excellence in execution, real-time course correction, effective project management, and transparent communication.
We worked closely with the client in order to determine the full extent of actions required. We then documented the necessary actions and vetted them through a couple of pilot stores.
We worked with the client to build a robust roll out schedule that accounted for: store days/hours of operation, known outages, geographical location, number of devices to be deployed, etc.
Supply chain & logistics
We engaged a couple of partners in order to manage the forward and reverse logistics. The success of the deployments hinged on having the right equipment (and count) onsite ready to be deployed.
We determined the number of resources required for the deployments and worked with our staffing partners to shore up additional resources by geographical location (incremental of our own staff).
We built technical training documentation and ensured our teams were trained, tested and certified prior to the deployments. Test scores were shared with the client to give confidence and transparency.
Tech kits and spares
To minimize/eliminate the need for revisits, we ensured each technician had kits with items required for a successful deployment. Kits included: spare cables, spare (and tested) full units, cleaning supplies, etc.
We worked with our development team to build a SharePoint site to increase visibility to the actions on the field. The client received real-time access to the details of the deployments at any given time.
Reporting and Cadence
Daily meetings and reporting of deployment statuses kept all involved abreast of the progress. These forums also ensured real-time issues management and allowed us to build positive momentum.
We built a robust tracking mechanism for all variable cost items to keep track of spending throughout the project. This was necessary, given all of the moving pieces and ensured better decision making.